Last Update: 07-Aug-14 15:15 ET
- Consumer credit increased by $17.3 bln in June after increasing by an unrevised $19.6 bln in May. The Briefing.com consensus expected consumer credit to increase by $15.8 bln.
- Typically, the consumer credit data goes through large monthly revisions, but that was not the case in May. Any future revision is unlikely to alter the current trend of double-digit gains.
- Revolving credit increased by $0.9 bln, from $872.1 bln in May to $873.1 bln in June.
- Nonrevolving credit added $16.3 bln to $2,338.1 bln in June to $2,321.8 bln in May.
- Consumer credit has increased by nearly $20 bln per month in 2014.