Last Update: 06-Mar-15 15:12 ET
- Consumer credit increased by $11.6 bln in January after increasing an upwardly revised $17.8 (from $14.8 bln). The Briefing.com Consensus expected consumer credit to increase by $14.0 bln.
- Typically, consumer credit goes through sizable revisions before the final numbers are released. Any future revision, however, is unlikely to alter the current trends.
- Revolving credit declined by $1.2 bln in January, from $889.0 bln in December to $887.9 bln.
- Nonrevolving credit increased to $2,440.0 bln in January from $2,427.3 bln in December, a gain of $12.7 bln.
- Consumer credit has increased by an average of $14.6 bln over the last three months.